Editandprint Update – Christmas 2013
We all have an opinion as to what is going on in the printing industry, what the pressures are and what the future holds but more importantly, you have chosen action over procrastination and have changed the way you do business to ensure your survival in this period of transition.
Congratulations for embracing technology and not being in fear of it. By creating and promoting your interactive online presence you are declaring to the market – “We are open for business 24/7 and are here to stay”.
Daily, you are reducing your reliance on the vagaries of staff, the need to manage every process and the time required to supply products to your clients. You are increasing your value to your customers by offering productivity gains that are measurable and reliable services that are invaluable
One of the underlying benefits of the Edit and Print solution is the CMS – your admin back end. Edit and Print are making sure we take this MIS feature to a new level in 2014. We know systems are an incredibly important part of driving profit and more importantly building an asset for your business, we have provided you the tools, all you need to do is take advantage of them, and of course we are here to help you fine tune your system when needed.
Edit and Print, your technology provider, have developed and implemented a number of new initiatives over the past 12 months. Many thanks to those who contributed valuable feedback. Here are a few highlights.
||Here is what is in the pipeline for 2014
During the year we have conducted structured training for new affiliates and offered webinars for all affiliates. We conducted comprehensive client surveys which proved to be very informative and assisted us to form our development plan for 2014.
We have recently reviewed the performance results and it produced very interesting insights into the success an Edit and Print site brought to our affiliates.
What was evident is that an Edit and Print site works. One affiliate has generated a high six figure turnover in only 6 months and there are others are not far behind.
Why are they so successful?
- They were COMMITTED: The entire company was instructed that all business is generated, managed and transacted through their Online Shop front. A “take no prisoners” attitude. Customer accounts were created, their artwork uploaded, customers were advised that they can now view, edit and (re) order their printing on their secure site online only. This commitment ensured success.
- They EDUCATED: The affiliate used the opportunity to announce their new shop front to re engage with their customers. Customers were educated, guided and encouraged to manage their own print requirements. The relationship transformed, increased engagement and product “up selling” was easy – Marketers call this Stickiness.
- They PROMOTED: The affiliate ensured that their Edit and Print website was fully optimized for Search Engines, (SEO) had a social media strategy and engaged a modest Ad Words campaign when the time was right. They knew however that the strength of their success laid in converting and holding on to their existing client base.
- They EMPOWERED: The affiliate as a result of their “all or nothing “policy their customers soon embraced the services of the site:-online proofing, version control, order management, corporate log ins, brand management and design capability. They soon recognised the productivity gains from their side and the opportunity to purchase and store artwork for a variety of print products from the same supplier. The affiliate gave control to the customer.
- They ADAPTED WITH THE TECHNOLOGY: By using their admin back end as a production dashboard on multiple machines throughout their facilities they were able to do away with paper job tickets and double handling of data. The orders progress was visible and in one place, even when being printed offsite.
Your clients are banking, transacting, purchasing and communicating online –
Just because you built it doesn’t mean that customers will come. Your largest asset is your existing client base and their artwork – don’t squander the opportunity that you have created out of a misguided fear that you clients won’t use it, or they want to talk to you because you are a good guy. You know why you built a shop front – start using it to its full potential.
Some call Christmas and New Year the quiet period, Edit and Print call it the Review Period. Take time to familiarise yourself with all the features , new and old that your site offers. Consider ways to engage your customers – determine your appetite for success. Remember a successful online business is your exit strategy. You already have the elements to build a valuable saleable asset.
Contact Edit and Print at any time to seek assistance. Your site is being monitored and maintained throughout the festive season and we are available with the exception of the Public Holidays. If you would like to contact us email is best firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Of course if you would rather not have the site active for the period we can deactivate it and display an announcement that you are ready to process orders after 6 January 2014. Just let Peeter know when to turn off and turn back on.
A CHRISTMAS ANNOUNCEMENT FROM IBS
From December 2013, IBS will include print products ordered in any calendar month directly through the IBS site as well as those ordered through your Edit and Print site to qualify for the monthly E&P subscriptions rebate offer.
This is a terrific opportunity to keep your ongoing costs to be ZERO. Of course this offer will not apply to emailed or manual booking of jobs or if your account terms are overdue.
So, finally all of us at Edit and Print wish you and your families, your colleagues and staff a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Successful 2014.
Katherine, Scott, Peeter, Nicole, Rob, Michael, Sunil, Naresh, Jiten and Ekta and the IBSCards Print Production team.