Gearing up for Online Promotion
Before launching your promotion online, there are few things you need to do to get the best out of it. We have divided into two big categories of the set up – on page & off page set up
On page set up : all the changes & updates you need to do on your website, from setting up the coupon code, banners, contents, promotional message and more.
1. Coupon / Discount : this is the first thing you need to do on the website in order for the customers to be able to claim the discount.
training link below :
coupon : how to create coupon
discount : how to create discount
note: if you are doing the IBS promotion, it is important to make sure the coupon code is identical to IBS coupon code (really case sensitive)
2. Website Banners : the next step will be uploading graphic elements on your website to support the promotion. There are lots of CMS area on the website where you can utilise to promote your online campaign. One of the best one will be the homepage page website banner.
Tips: your banner must be engaging, informative (discount amount, time period & coupon code) and really important to have call to action (button links to a page)
training link below :
banner : how to add a new website banner
3. Product Group, Category & Type Banner: Apart from the homepage banner, it is also recommended to set the promotion banner through out the product category group, product category and product types to have a more consistency on your website. Also to cover a scenario where your potential customers landed directly on your products page instead of your homepage.
Tips: this can be exactly the same as the homepage banner or totally different banner on each product category (if the promotion have multiple products)
4. Product Badge : make the products you are going to promote stand out than the others by applying the product badge.
Training link below:
product badge : how to set product badge (IBS products)
product badge : how to set product badge (non-IBS products)
5 . Website Content : we would recommend to also support the promotion with website contents to boost your organic SEO. The best way to do this, is to do it at least 1 week before the campaign, the reason being is to allow Google to index your new content.
There are multiple areas on the website we would suggest you to optimise your content :
a. website homepage – under the banner
b. product category group, category and product type long descriptions
c. adding a whole new page on your website to talk about the promotion.
Tips : this content can be recycled for the future similar promotion. If you are creating a new page, do not forget to submit the page on Google Search Console for the Google Spiders to crawl and index the page.
6. Pop Up Promotional Message : the last step will be the reminder for your customers. In most cases the customers forgot the coupon code for the promotion when they have landed in the shopping cart or you don’t have any details information about the ‘Sale’ on your homepage & anywhere on the website. Using the Pop Up Promotional Message will be the best tools to remind your customers about the promotion details.
Training link below :
pop up promotional message : how to set up pop up promotional message
Tips: one of the best page to set the pop up message will be on the registration page and shopping cart stage.
Off page set up : all the updates and contents you will be putting outside your website – this will be for social media content and ads , google ads, or traditional letterbox drop
1.Google Ads : the fastest and most common tools to boost your promotion online. However, this can be a bit costly depending on your keyword.
Tips : better go with the expert if you are not sure about this.
2. Social Media contents and ads : apart from Google ads, Social media such as (facebook and instagram) can be a cheaper solution for doing the paid ads (at the same time less competitive compare to Google ads)
3. Traditional letterbox drop : sometimes doing the old fashion way can also be a good option to get the message across in your local area.